Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First up-BBQ Chicken

In our family, on your Birthday, you get to choose a Sunday dinner of all our favorite foods. For years I have picked my Mom's BBQ chicken. Well, as Iv'e been trying new recipes, I found one I like even better! I changed it a bit to fit my families taste...


‘Better Homes’ Favorite Barbequed Chicken

· 2-2 ½ Lb. Chicken thighs (for me, thighs are the key. Moist, flavor-full, yummy!)

· 2 T. Cooking oil

· 2 medium sized sweet onions, cut into ¼ inch slices.

· ½ C. chopped celery

· 1 C. catsup

· 2 T. brown sugar

· 2 T. lemon juice

· 2 T. Worcestershire sauce

· 2 T. Mustard

Skin chicken. Rinse and pat dry. Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Transfer chicken into a 2 qt. baking dish. Set aside. Add celery & onions to skillet & cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Meanwhile mix remaining (5) ingredients in a bowl. Add to celery & onions. Bring to boil & remove from heat. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover & bake 40 minutes. Uncover & baste with sauce. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. You’ll want to bring the extra sauce to the table, it’s the best part!

* I like to serve this dish with mashed potato’s, and a green vegetable or salad.

2 comments: